ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Press Release & Letter to EU, US & DC missions to Uganda over LDC Extension

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Primah Kwagala <kwagalap AT gmail.com>
  • To: "IP REGIONAL STRATEGIC GROUP." <ip-regional-strategic-group AT googlegroups.com>, "ucaem AT googlegroups.com" <ucaem AT googlegroups.com>, ip-mentorship-cehurd-group AT googlegroups.com, 2013-cehurd-fellows-of-iphrts AT googlegroups.com, ugandas-access-to-education-materials-strategy-group AT googlegroups.com, cc-uganda AT googlegroups.com, "ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, petitionnumber16 <petitionnumber16 AT googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Press Release & Letter to EU, US & DC missions to Uganda over LDC Extension
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 18:23:07 +0300

Dear all,

Following a meeting we had with several CSOs yesterday on actionable Steps to over EU -US Pressures in Influencing the TRIPS Council Decision to extend the Transition period for enforcing IPRs, here is the Letter and  Press Release we are circulating..

See http://www.cehurd.org/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2013/05/Letter-to-US-EU-Japan-Newzealand-TRIPS-Council-chair.pdf and

http://www.cehurd.org/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2013/05/PRESS-RELEASE.pdf

Also it seems the media has picked up the story quite fast already.. see http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/643096-civil-society-groups-petition-us-eu-over-wto-trips-agreemen-.html

We are yet to write one to the EAC Secretariat asking them to not stand still but Act as well.

Regards,
Primah Kwagala
Centre for Health Human Rights and Development *(CEHURD)
kwagalap AT gmail.com
0774207358
"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for "
Kofi Annan

  • [ccAfrica] Press Release & Letter to EU, US & DC missions to Uganda over LDC Extension, Primah Kwagala, 05/23/2013