ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] Open Education Week & USAID project

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "ccAfrica-OER AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ccAfrica-OER AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] Open Education Week & USAID project
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:06:02 +0200

Dear CC Africa community:

in addition to my email last week about the Open Eduction week (5-11 March 2013), please see below the message of CC's Director of Global Learning Cable Green. Is anybody interested to organise such webinar(s). Is there anything Alex, I or CC HQ could help you with?Let me know and/or submit your ideas for webinars at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHhsdnFQQXZ5VXBVbGhRaFo4cWoxRGc6MA#gid=0 .

Many thanks,

Tobias

---
Dr. Tobias Schonwetter
Regional Coordinator: Africa
Creative Commons

Please support CC in shaping the future of sharing: https://creativecommons.net/donate/

------

Greetings CC Affiliates:

Open Education Week,
11-15 March, will feature a series of events, workshops, project showcases, and webinars from around the world.

Creative Commons is planning to host and participate in local events and webinars on OER, v.4 of the CC licenses, the Open Policy Network, School of Open, and more.  An important part of the Open Education Week is to provide learning opportunities, through webinars, about open content licensing using Creative Commons licenses.

I am writing to ask CC Affiliates to participate in Open Education Week by conducting one or more webinar(s) on CC licensing.
 Throughout the week, we would like to have a series of webinars on CC licensing conducted in multiple languages in multiple time zones.

It is important we have participation from different regions, including:
 Africa, Middle East, Europe, Australia / New Zealand, Central and South America, Asia and North America.

Ideally, webinars will be conducted in local / multiple languages, including: Arabic, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, English and more!

Please submit your ideas for webinars by January 18, 2013 here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHhsdnFQQXZ5VXBVbGhRaFo4cWoxRGc6MA#gid=0

Issues you might address during your webinars, amongst others:

  • Basic information about Creative Commons licenses and Copyright.
  • How to decide which CC license to use, for open education, and the implications thereof.
  • How to license content with CC licenses (via the CC license chooser and platforms).
  • Compatibility between different CC licenses with a particular emphasis on the implications of revising and remixing (e.g., “ND” violates the Hewlett OER definition: http://www.hewlett.org/programs/education-program/open-educational-resources)

The webinar recordings will be made available on YouTube (CC BY) after Open Education Week. Your participation will ensure a rich pool of resources on CC licensing, in different languages, and will contribute to an increased awareness about CC and the amazing global network of CC Affiliates.

Thank you for your consideration and participation!

Most gratefully,

Cable

Cable Green, PhD

Director of Global Learning