ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Fwd: Innovative Secondary Education Competition

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Jessica Coates <jessica AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org, cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Fwd: Innovative Secondary Education Competition
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 17:17:24 -0700

People might be interested in this competition below.

High quality, relevant secondary education is vital for youth to obtain the skills, knowledge and competencies needed for employment. Results for Development (R4D), with support from the Rockefeller Foundation, has launched the Innovative Secondary Education for Skills Enhancement (ISESE) project to explore the skills needed for employment in Africa and Asia, and to identify innovative ways of effectively delivering these skills at the secondary school level.

As part of this project, we are holding a competition to identify innovative models of skills delivery at the secondary school level, currently accepting entries until June 8, 2012. We seek entries that enhance the learning of secondary school students in both the public and the non-state sectors, and will give particular attention to in-school innovations that have the potential to be scaled up and applied across different countries and contexts. Winners will be announced on July 18th, and the two best entries will each receive a prize of $1,000, with the top 10 entries to be featured on the Results for Development website.

For more information on entry guidelines, jury panel, and selection criteria, please see the attached flyer or visit the ISESE Competition website (http://www.changemakers.com/isese). We are very excited to announce that the jury panel will include Angelique Kidjo, West African singer and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador!

We would greatly appreciate your help in passing on this message to your networks in Africa and Asia, in hopes of encouraging those running innovative models of skills delivery to enter the competition!

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions at mengmann AT resultsfordevelopment.org.

Kind regards,

Michelle

---

Michelle Engmann
Senior Program Associate
Results for Development Institute (R4D)
1100 15th St NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20005
Tel: +1.202.469.3640 | Skype: mkengmann
E-mail:
mengmann AT resultsfordevelopment.org
www.resultsfordevelopment.org

  • [ccAfrica] Fwd: Innovative Secondary Education Competition, Jessica Coates, 05/21/2012