cc-uk - [Cc-uk] Tories attack Creative Archive

  • From: Ian Brown <I.Brown AT cs.ucl.ac.uk>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] Tories attack Creative Archive
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:01:07 +0100

The Tories are lining up with Murdoch and friends to attack the BBC's
online services, and it sounds like the Creative Archive is directly in
their sights:

George Osborne: “I am concerned that in too many of its non-core
activities, particularly on the internet, it is stifling the growth of
innovative new companies that simply cannot compete with BBC budgets.

“For example, the BBC’s licence-fee funded ability to hand out quality
content free online makes it very difficult for others to move into the
new video download market."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,17129-2180953,00.html

  • [Cc-uk] Tories attack Creative Archive, Ian Brown, 05/15/2006