cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] Licence Bug? Removal of Attribution

  • From: Rob Myers <rob AT robmyers.org>
  • To: cc-uk <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] Licence Bug? Removal of Attribution
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:58:34 +0000
On 21 Mar 2006, at 20:26, Jordan Hatcher wrote:

The change you mention is aimed to address some concerns over reputation similar to moral rights aspects of copyright.

I believe that this is one of the differences between the 2.5 generic licence and the 2.0 generic licence put out by CC last year.

Because E and W was drafted when the 2.0 generic version was the standard, that element is not reflected in the 2.0 E and W. I believe that there are plans to update this licence accordingly, but I am sure that someone from the team can answer this better than I.

Removal goes back to the 1.0 generic licenses, but it was made tighter in 2.5 .

The Scottish licence, drafted slightly later in time than the EandW licence, complies with the new 2.5 standard:

Checking the URL (d'oh) I see I am looking at the 2.0 EnW licence. The CC website won't show me the 2.5 one. Has that not gone live yet? If not, can removal be made explicit in it? :-)