cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] Licence Bug? Removal of Attribution

  • From: Jordan Hatcher <jordan AT twitchgamer.net>
  • To: Rob Myers <rob AT robmyers.org>
  • Cc: cc-uk <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] Licence Bug? Removal of Attribution
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:26:30 -0600

The change you mention is aimed to address some concerns over reputation similar to moral rights aspects of copyright.

I believe that this is one of the differences between the 2.5 generic licence and the 2.0 generic licence put out by CC last year. Because E and W was drafted when the 2.0 generic version was the standard, that element is not reflected in the 2.0 E and W. I believe that there are plans to update this licence accordingly, but I am sure that someone from the team can answer this better than I.

The Scottish licence, drafted slightly later in time than the EandW licence, complies with the new 2.5 standard:

See section 2.3
"But, if what you are publishing or distributing is a Derivative Work or a Collective Work, you must remove any of these credits if you are asked to do so by the Licensor and if it is practicable to do so."
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/scotland/legalcode

Thanks!

Jordan Hatcher
jordan AT twitchgamer.net