cc-uk - [Cc-uk] Commons Knowledge (March no.1)

  • From: Tom Chance <tom AT acrewoods.net>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: rr-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org, fc-uk-discuss AT lists.okfn.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] Commons Knowledge (March no.1)
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:09:33 +0000

Hello,

This is the second issue of Free Culture UK's new fortnightly newsletter.
Please pass this on to others who might be interested. To get your upcoming
events, hot news or event reviews in add them to the relevant wiki page [1].
Feel free to make suggestions on how to improve this as well.

March 2006, no.1
Stable URL: http://www.freeculture.org.uk/newsletter/2006/mar06

UPCOMING EVENTS
--------------------------

Node.l

* What: A festival of open, collaborative media arts and infrastructure in
London.
* When: Throughout March 2006.
* Where: Venues thoughout London.
* More information: http://nodel.org

Remix Reading open media lab

* What: Come and learn how to use arty free software, or show off your
skills to others, at our first open media lab. Just turn up with an open
mind. From 11am-1pm there will be workshops with kids from a local refugee
support group.
* When: Saturday 18th March 2006, 11am-4pm
* Where: Rising Sun Arts Centre, Reading (www.risingsun-artscentre.co.uk)
* More information: http://www.remixreading.org/node/710

Copyfighters' Drunken Brunch and Talking Shop

* What: Meet for a brunch and drinks with other free culture / digital
rights / copyfighters activists, then walk across to Speakers' Corner in Hyde
Park to bewilder passers by with your rhetoric.
* When: Sunday 19th March 2006. Food from 11AM to 1PM; Speakers' Corner
excursion 1PM-~2PM.
* Where: Stanhope Centre (Stanhope Centre, Stanhope House, Stanhope Place,
London W2 2HH)

FREE CULTURE IN THE UK NEWS

"CNUK has set-up a free software lab and has some volunteer openings to work
on RemixAnywhere, the tool to allow musicians to quickly publish remixes to
their weblogs and Jammr, the tool to grab some interesting data about you and
your friends from Last.fm and display a Web 2.0 compliant tag cloud"
* http://cnuk.org/jobs

EVENT FEEDBACK
-----------------------

The OKFN Forum on Open Content was a success. Here is some coverage:
* review: http://tinyurl.com/jl85j
* reflection: http://tom.acrewoods.net/node/412
* podcast: http://parkylondon.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=61935

That's all folks!

[1] Read about and add more events from around the world on our wiki:
http://www.freeculture.org.uk/CategoryNewsletter

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,

  • [Cc-uk] Commons Knowledge (March no.1), Tom Chance, 03/07/2006