cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] modified creative commons licence for medical wiki

  • From: Adrian Midgley <dr.midgley AT homefieldsurgery.nhs.uk>
  • To: Cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] modified creative commons licence for medical wiki
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:32:55 +0000

Matt Lee wrote:

On 18/11/05, Dr Adrian Midgley <dr.midgley AT homefieldsurgery.nhs.uk> wrote:

We feel a need for a restriction, that anyone may copy and distribute,
but only a regsitered medical practioner may make any alteration.

The restriction on alteration could be handled by the software itself,
could it not?
I was in a dot.com that tried and failed to sell a system for demonstrating medical qualification - I don't think we can do it, and there is no physical restriction on someone taking a copy of an article. We specifically want colleagues to be able to do so and adapt while acknowledging the source.
Restricting the actual legal rights based on profession
would be very difficult to enforce, I believe.

It is enforced afterward - if someone wishes to argue about it if it has only been edited by doctors then they might have a chance, if th chain has been broken then the buck stops with the non-medic who edited it.

--
Dr Adrian Midgley from Homefield Surgery 01392 214151 using Thunderbird