cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] 21st century belongs to (c)

  • From: "David Hirst" <dhirst AT pavilion.co.uk>
  • To: "'cc-uk'" <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] 21st century belongs to (c)
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:20:59 +0100

I guess we must also remember that The Times is a Murdoch mouthpiece. There
is nothing Murdock would like more than abolition of even the limited
independence that the BBC has from the pressures of corporatisation to
blandify all TV and radio.
And for people whose perception of expected future income are based on
conventions that they are steeped in, any change is a threat. So pity poor
Antony.

David Hirst