cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] setting up a freeculture group in the UK

  • From: Andrea Rota <andrea AT maven.org.uk>
  • To: lnu01eg AT reading.ac.uk
  • Cc: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org, a.rota AT gold.ac.uk, j.andersson AT gold.ac.uk
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] setting up a freeculture group in the UK
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:21:08 +0100

Hello,

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 09:40:50AM +0100, lnu01eg AT reading.ac.uk wrote:
> So would you be interested in setting up/maintaining a Remix London? We
> would give you the code, help you find server space, and lots of tips/advice
> on a remix project. Also any improvements you made to the code, could feed
> back into any of the other remix projects round the country.
>
> We could have inter-city remix competitions, and make it easy to link each
> site to the others, as well as many other ideas. We'll talk more about it on
> 1st June.
Yes! As Adnan says, we think that Remix* is a wonderful project and
would love to help starting something local (more realistically it would
be Remix Lewisham, in order to be "local" enough! :) but this depends on
how fellows of the new society here at Goldsmiths embrace the project.

So please bring some flyers/handouts on the Remix* project on June 1st
and then we'll talk about this with people here!

Given the recent growth of interest about these topics lately in the UK
and between people who will attend the event at Goldsmiths, we've
requested to have some space for informal discussions after the
workshop. Whether inside the University or just around it, we would love
to keep sharing ideas as happened in Brighton!

best,
Andrea