cc-uk - [Cc-uk] Re: Changing your mind...

  • From: Dr Tim Brookes <T.Brookes AT surrey.ac.uk>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] Re: Changing your mind...
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:46:37 +0100
On 26 Apr 2005, at 17:47, Damian.Rafferty AT Culture.gsi.gov.uk wrote:
I have just spoken to someone in Admissions at PRS who said that they have never refused to collect on behalf of someone because of this nor would they envisage doing so.

That's good. When I joined PRS, the membership agrement required me to transfer the performing right in all my works to PRS, and to warrant that I had full power to transfer it. If, when I was joining, I'd already licensed that right for an interminable period to everyone in the world, I'd be very doubtful about the extent of my legal power to then transfer it to PRS. Maybe the situation's changed now, or maybe I'm just paranoid. I hope so.

Certainly, as an existing member, I cannot license any of my works under CC. Obligation 4a of the agreement that I signed says that I will "refrain from licensing any of the rights and from otherwise dealing with the rights". It really is pretty exclusive.

Tim.

  • [Cc-uk] Re: Changing your mind..., Dr Tim Brookes, 04/27/2005