cc-uk - [Cc-uk] PRS and CC

  • From: oli bird <o.j.bird AT lse.ac.uk>
  • To: Damian.Rafferty AT Culture.gsi.gov.uk, T.Brookes AT surrey.ac.uk
  • Cc: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] PRS and CC
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:52:58 -0700

I'm a writer-member of PRS and it seems that I get to choose which of my works I register with them. You only register stuff that you want them to collect you money for. So Tim, I don't think that the past and future exclusivity thing can be true. But I don't know about having options of what rights to assign for a single specific work, I've never been given any choices like this when registering works.

Generally, I understand that PRS have not been very sympathetic to CC.

Oli

Begin forwarded message:

I have just been looking through the Articles of Association for the PRS at
http://www.prs.co.uk/DocsRepository/3499/PRSMEMOART2003.pdf and found this,
suggesting to my non legal mind that members can pick and choose what they
assign, at least for PRS...