cc-uk - [Cc-uk] [Fwd: Re: [Creative-friends] And Here's the CA License]

  • From: Edward Griffith-Jones <lnu01eg AT reading.ac.uk>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] [Fwd: Re: [Creative-friends] And Here's the CA License]
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:06:54 +0100

On Wednesday 13 Apr 2005 09:51, Rob Myers wrote:

http://creativearchive.bbc.co.uk/licence/nc_sa_by_ne/uk/prov/

I've not really followed the legal shenanigans with this. But why is it that,
even though we've paid for BBC productions through license fees (and taxes?)
we're not allowed commercial use, we're not allowed political, charitable or
campaigning use, and it doesn't look compatible with other CC licenses?

That's nuts. What can I do with their stuff? Fiddle with it in my bedroom?
Huzzah! Does anyone know what their intentions are if people then want more
rights, e.g. to use the material commercially. Will the beeb be open and
decent about negotiating content rights?

Regards,
Tom

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,