cc-uk - [Cc-uk] Launch of Creative Commons Scotland: public and press release

  • From: Jonathan Mitchell <website3 AT jonathanmitchell.info>
  • To: Creative Commons UK <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] Launch of Creative Commons Scotland: public and press release
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:33:36 +0000

I am very pleased to announce that the Creative Commons Scotland project is
now live. Its home page is http://creativecommons.org/worldwide/scotland/ ,
and a draft licence has been published. The project will be formally
launched at the Royal Museum, Edinburgh, on 2 April when Professor Lawrence
Lessig, chair of Creative Commons, will be speaking on "Cyberlaw: who
controls access to ideas on the net² to which all are cordially invited.
Tickets are available from
http://www.sciencefestival.co.uk/cgi-bin/user/sciencefestival/parser.cgi?HTX
=%2e%2e/events/event&_rand=737320504&PATH=/events/&EventID=558 .

The project, of which I am the joint project lead with Professor Hector
MacQueen of Edinburgh University, aims to have a full set of Creative
Commons licences ported to Scots law and available for public use by the
summer. We believe that many creators of intellectual work in Scotland, not
only in the performing arts but also in the academic and professional and
artistic communities, and among other writers, will welcome these licences.
Creative Commons licences will help in spreading their work more widely;
they are good for those who wish their work and ideas to reach as wide an
audience as possible, and they are good for the public by freeing
intellectual work from artificial and unwanted copyright limitations.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Mitchell QC

Work telephone/mobile: 0773 963 9343
Faculty internal mobile extension: 3349
Fax to laptop: 0870 124 8222
Business address: Advocates Library, Parliament House, Edinburgh EH1 1RF,
Scotland
DX ED 549302, Edinburgh 36; Legal Post LP3, Edinburgh 10

Website: http://www.jonathanmitchell.info

Home address: 30 Warriston Crescent, Edinburgh EH3 5LB, Scotland.
Home telephone: 0131 557 0854.

This message, and any attachments, may contain legally privileged material
and are confidential to the intended recipient.

Please note that my clerk is Iain Murray; tel. 0131 260 5697; fax 0131 220
2654; e-mail murraystable AT advocates.org.uk . Instructions as counsel should
unless otherwise notified be channelled via him.

  • [Cc-uk] Launch of Creative Commons Scotland: public and press release, Jonathan Mitchell, 03/26/2005