cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] FW: creative commons licences

  • From: Neil Leyton <nleyton AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] FW: creative commons licences
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:51:08 -0500

This is accurate. Fading Ways has adopted a similar system for our
Film & TV licensing webpages.

I'd like to add that I firmly believe that no artist (as opposed to
pop-celebrity "entertainer" who might have a single hit with an album
full of filler) has EVER suffered from p2p downloading. When Napster
was around what we saw was an increase in the number of indie titles
that all of a sudden became commercially viable thanks TO napster, and
that threatened the existing monopoly of the north american major
labels. So they shut it down.

As for CC licenses, we have been using them for a year now on our
physical product as well as online and I can safely say that they do
increase sales, as well as concert attendance at our artists' live
appearances.

Neil Leyton
Fading Ways
www.fadingways.co.uk