cc-uk - [Cc-uk] What is the current status of the CC Licenses for England & Wales

  • From: Damian.Rafferty AT Culture.gsi.gov.uk
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] What is the current status of the CC Licenses for England & Wales
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:22:06 -0000

Hello - I am new to this list and I work for the DCMS (Department of
Culture, Media and Sport). I am very interested in how Creative Commons
could be used for public sector and museum-based projects.

I am not clear about the legal status of Creative Commons in England. If for
example a museum were to put some of its content under a CC license, what
would be the legal status of the content at the moment?

Is there a future point at which the licenses would be more valid and if so
when is this expected to happen?

Sorry if these questions are rather old hat for the members of the list but
a clarification would be very useful.

All the best, Damian

Damian Rafferty // Development Producer
(e) damian.rafferty AT culture.gsi.gov.uk
(t) +44 (0)207 273 8721 // (f) +44 (0)207 273 8707
Culture Online // 5th Floor // 19-29 Woburn Place // London WC1H 0LU