cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] CC-UK drafting update

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: "'cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] CC-UK drafting update
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 11:29:08 +0000
On 4 Dec 2004, at 10:03, Jonathan Mitchell wrote:

BTW, Microsoft Word users, if you save a Word document in rtf format rather
than doc, you make it accessible to users of other word processors and still
retain its look-and-feel.

Yes, that's probably more practical than people spending the bandwidth on OpenOffice. Most systems now come with an RTF reader as standard.

An earlier draft was sent with some sort of click-to-reveal annotations on it which I think were pretty Word-specific and probably wouldn't convert well to RTF, but I couldn't understand how to make those work even in Word. :-)

- Rob.