cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] CC-UK drafting update

  • From: "J. Grant" <jg AT jguk.org>
  • To: Prodromos Tsiavos <prodromos.tsiavos AT socio-legal-studies.oxford.ac.uk>
  • Cc: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] CC-UK drafting update
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:31:22 +0000

Hello pRo,

This sounds very interesting, and I would very much like to read and
give you some feedback. However, unfortunately someone has chosen to
encode your text in Microsoft Word format. I could reference an RMS
page (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html), point out
how this email is promoting software which goes against the CC and Free
Software movement (to the detriment of both), or I could buy a copy of
Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (£164.50) and Microsoft Word (£72.99) to be
able to read the document and keep quiet. However, I think it would be
preferable for me and hopefully others who agree that we should use
modern open file-formats which is not to the detriment of the causes CC
is meant to be working towards.

Could you provide a copy of the text in either :- text, HTML, XHTML or
PDF please (in order of preference) please.

Kind regards
JG