cc-uk - [Cc-uk] CC-UK Licence Status

  • From: Prodromos Tsiavos <prodromos.tsiavos AT socio-legal-studies.oxford.ac.uk>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] CC-UK Licence Status
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:32:31 +0000 (GMT)

Dear All,

First, my apologies for not posting any news on the progress of the licence
earlier but I wanted to have a complete picture before committing to any
(new)
deadline.

After the comments by the list were recieved the draft with the comments was
sent to the LAB members, the BBC drafting team and the iCC team for further
Songwriters (still waiting for their final feedback), and Tate digital
projects to recieve their comments on the existing licence draft.

After consultations with all the involved groups we have managed to agree in
the following changes:
-there is not going to be a definition of DRM as it does not exist in the
original CC 2.0 and may cause confusion at this stage
-the waiver of the integrity right will not be included in order to achieve
interoperability with continental europe licences
-BBC is close to removing the UK-specific provisions but they will retain
their
own definition of non-commercial works.
-there is a particular clause that ensures interoperability between creative
archive and cc-uk licences. The BBC licences should prevail in case there is
mix between CA and CC content. I do understand that this will may cause
a "balck hole effect" but could not reach any other result for the time being.
-some minor spelling and wording changes in other parts of the licence.

I am currently expecting the confirmation by the iCC team so that the licence
will be released within next week.

All the suggestions made in this list will be used as basis for discussion
for
the new CC 3.0 licence that is to be released next year.

I hope that this has been informative enough but if not please let me know if
there is any other information on the licence development process you would
like to have :-)

best,
prodromos