cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] Adopting CC licenses in print media - how does it affect existing licenses?

  • From: Edward Barrow <edward AT copyweb.co.uk>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] Adopting CC licenses in print media - how does it affect existing licenses?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:54:20 +0100

On Thursday 21 October 2004 00:28, Chris Adams wrote:

<snipped/>

Further to my last post, I should have added that a subsidised student union
magazine relying on unpaid contributors is probably ideally suited to the CC
approach - both in respect of the (upstream) terms on which contributions are
accepted and the (downstream) terms on which the magazine is published.
There are clearly commercial risks involved. The legal risks are
substantially
less than what appears to be the current position of operating without clear
authority from contributors (although I may have read too much into Chris'
post).

--
Edward Barrow
Copyright Consultant