cc-uk - [Cc-uk] RE: [Creative-friends] latest news concerning BBC- CC-UK licences

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: "Tsiavos,P (pgr)" <P.Tsiavos AT lse.ac.uk>
  • Cc: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] RE: [Creative-friends] latest news concerning BBC- CC-UK licences
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:26:37 +0100

On Monday, October 04, 2004, at 10:09AM, Tsiavos,P (pgr)
<P.Tsiavos AT lse.ac.uk> wrote:

>We are currently working very closely with the BBC in order to come up with
>either
>(a) a single licence for the creative archive and the CC-UK or
>(b) a basic CC-Uk licence that will be compatible with the CC 2.0 and a BBC
>CA licence that would be the CC-UK licence plus some modules that will serve
>particular BBC purposes

Wow! That's great!

>All the comments that have been made in relation to the previous draft of
>the CC-UK have been taken into consideration for the BBC/ CC-UK licence, but
>the wording has been substantially changed in order to reduce the size of
>the licence.

Is it still in Plain English?

And how about waiving Moral Rights? I know it's last-minute, but that does
seem important, particularly with the prospect of them being restorable using
BY and "IN" if that comes through.

Good luck with the launch.

- Rob.