cc-uk - RE: [Cc-uk] Integrity. Again.

  • From: "Andres Guadamuz" <a.guadamuz AT ed.ac.uk>
  • To: "'Rob Myers'" <robmyers AT mac.com>, "'cc-uk'" <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Cc-uk] Integrity. Again.
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:53:06 +0100

Dear Rob,

I agree with you, integrity should be part of the licence. Although there is
a possibility that adding the integrity element to the licence may give
people the wrong idea, I think that it is more consistent with UK
legislation, as the integrity right is a default by law. I believe that this
is generally incompatible with other elements of the licence, such as the
permission to allow adaptations of the work, because in fact what will
happen is that creators will maintain the right to object to derogatory
treatment in later adaptations. This can be fixed with making the waiver a
part of the licence.

I know that the licence is launched on Monday and that this is very late,
but perhaps it is not too late to add it.

BTW, good luck to all on Monday!

Andres