cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] Lessig to launch UK licenses at UCL 12-2pm 4 Oct

  • From: Jonathan Mitchell <website3 AT jonathanmitchell.info>
  • To: <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] Lessig to launch UK licenses at UCL 12-2pm 4 Oct
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:09:28 +0100

Good questions. What is the current state of drafting?

The second draft was sent out in early July, but has never replaced the
first on the Creative Commons website at
http://creativecommons.org/projects/international/uk/translated-license . So
even the second draft doesn't seem to have been circulated beyond this
mailing list.

There was a flurry of comments on the second draft in July and on 30 July
Prodromos messaged "We are at the stage where we are trying to fix the
problems with the license
(which we call Legal Bugs ;-)) and release the next CC-UK draft. " So far as
I know it has never been released.

Is the third or current draft available for comments, or was it finalised?
Are its terms publicly available?

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Mitchell QC

Work telephone/mobile: 0773 963 9343
Faculty internal mobile extension: 3349
Fax to laptop: 0870 124 8222
Business address: Advocates Library, Parliament House, Edinburgh EH1 1RF,
Scotland
DX ED 549302, Edinburgh 36; Legal Post LP3, Edinburgh 10

Website: http://www.jonathanmitchell.info

Home address: 30 Warriston Crescent, Edinburgh EH3 5LB, Scotland.
Home telephone: 0131 557 0854.

This message, and any attachments, may contain legally privileged material
and are confidential to the intended recipient.

Please note that my clerk is Iain Murray; tel. 0131 260 5697; fax 0131 220
2654; e-mail murraystable AT advocates.org.uk . Instructions as counsel should
unless otherwise notified be channelled via him.