cc-uk - [Cc-uk] UK (or EU) Licence?

  • From: "David Hirst" <dhirst AT pavilion.co.uk>
  • To: <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] UK (or EU) Licence?
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:53:08 -0000

I am not a lawyer (as is  probably already clear), but what is the situation of I release a work under the England and Wales licence, but wish to obtain remedy in (say) the US?

Should I release under multiple licences (for each country where I might wish to seek remedy) or will I have to seek remedy in the English courts against an infringer in another country?

Might it be possible to have a generic EU licence, albeit in multiple languages?

Regards

David Hirst

!-!?!-Hirst Solutions Limited

Mobile +44 7831 405443

Home/Office +44 1273 570113

Innovation Technology Sustainability

www.davidhirst.com

  • [Cc-uk] UK (or EU) Licence?, David Hirst, 02/28/2004