cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] welcome and discussion guidelines UK

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] welcome and discussion guidelines UK
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:06:41 +0000
On 26 Feb 2004, at 21:46, Christiane Asschenfeldt wrote:

3) Please limit your suggestions and comments to things that will help
the licenses fit into UK law. The role of the discussion is not to second-guess
either Creative Commons' general policy or the philosophy reflected in the
licenses.

(IANAL)

One thing I'm curious about is how the license fits with an author's "paternity rights" under the Copyright & Patents act. Does anything in the license affect my right to be identified as the author of the work, and/or should this be mentioned in the license?

So in the copyright an author might put:

Copyright (c) 2004 The Author
The right of The Author to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with the Copyright & Patents Act 1988. (or whatever)

And the License might contain:

Nothing in this license affects the author's right to be identified as the author of the original work. (or whatever)

Or is this irrelevent?

Thanks.

- Rob.