cc-se - [Cc-se] use creative commons on sheet music

cc-se AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of iCommons Sweden licenses

  • From: Mattias Olsson <mattias AT u-oas.nu>
  • To: cc-se AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-se] use creative commons on sheet music
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:36:38 +0200

Hello,

I am publishing a song book and heard of the Creative Commons license. The song book has a mix of copyrighted music and songs by persons who give away their work for free. Can I use a copyright tag that looks like this for free music?: (see attaced image)
© Creative Commons [symbols]

I would like to put that as a copyright tag under the sheet music. On the web site, there are some text exemples, but they are very long and bulky and the entire sheet would be quite ugly.

If there should be a reference to the website, the copy right tag could be like this
© Creative Commons [symbols] http://creativecommons.org

I would appreciate your advice as I am in the last phase of the work with the song book.

Best regards,

Mattias Olsson
Göteborg
Sweden