cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] where Sampling will fit in the overall licesning model

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: "Glenn Otis Brown" <glenn AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: dj AT webbnet.com, cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] where Sampling will fit in the overall licesning model
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:15:40 -0800

fyi, this is the attribution language in the current licenses. it isn't
too fascist, i don't think -- It builds in quite a bit of flexibility
depending on the medium and use:

"You must . . . give the Original Author credit reasonable to the medium
or means You are utilizing by conveying the name (or pseudonym if
applicable) of the Original Author if supplied . . . Such credit may be
implemented in any reasonable manner; provided, however, that in the case
of a Derivative Work or Collective Work, at a minimum such credit will
appear where any other comparable authorship credit appears and in a
manner at least as prominent as such other comparable authorship credit.
"

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/legalcode