cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Changes to the CCANZ front page

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Changes to the CCANZ front page
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 12:39:43 +1300

Kia ora koutou

On 7 October 2013 08:57, Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Some news: We’ve made some cosmetic changes to the front page of CCANZ. This follows feedback from some teachers, who have suggested that the original text-heavy front page was quite difficult for students to navigate. http://creativecommons.org.nz/

This is fantastic Matt. Great that people are feeling engaged enough in CC ANZ to give feedback, and even better, that the feedback has been creatively used to improve our comms tools. The new skin looks really nice, and I like having CC Kiwi front and centre, explaining CC for the YouTube generation ;)

I like the idea of a design student being paid to do some more tweaking as part of an internship. This could include producing some more printable/ portable resources too, with a view to keeping all our published materials (whether online or print) visually coherent.

Hei kōnā
Strypey

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"Geeks are those who partake in our culture."
- .ISOcrates

"Voting... is the next to last refuge of the politically impotent. The last refuge is, of course, giving your opinion to a pollster, who will get a version of it through a dessicated question, and then will submerge it in a Niagra of similar opinions, and convert them into - what else? - another piece of news. Thus, we have here a great loop of impotence: The news elicits from you a variety of opinions about which you can do nothing except to offer them as more news, about which you can do nothing."
- Neil Postman, 'Amusing Ourselves To Death'