cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Offer to migrate ccnz list to onlinegroups.net

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: 'Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion' <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Offer to migrate ccnz list to onlinegroups.net
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 00:46:08 +0000

Hi all,

Some of you may not know that the CCANZ Advisory Panel has a closed email list, which is hosted, for free, by the folks at onlinegroups.net (https://onlinegroups.net/) This is an local company, run by a man called Dan Randow, who is a big supporter of open research, open data and CC licensing in general.

He has offered to migrate the cc-nz list to onlinegroups, and continue to host it there, for free, so I thought it best to put it to the list.

For most people, this would mean no change whatsoever, though the main benefits as I see them are: a) we’d be using an NZ company that has been supporting CCANZ for a while now; b) their site looks much nicer; c) their archives are easier to navigate.

I’ve been told that the current archive would be migrated and that there would be no real disruption to how the list currently operates.

Feedback either way appreciated.

All the best,
Matt

Matt McGregor Creative Commons
DDI: +64 4 470 5779 | Twitter @cc_aotearoa
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand is a project of the Royal Society of New Zealand
11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon | PO Box 598, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
www.creativecommons.org.nz

Royal Society of New Zealand | Te Apārangi
A place for knowledge and excellence

Please consider the environment before printing this email. The information contained in this email message is intended only for the addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.