cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Creative Commons and Copyright Reform

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: 'Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion' <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Creative Commons and Copyright Reform
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:52:18 +0000

Hi all,

In August, I was lucky enough to attend the Creative Commons Global Summit in Buenos Aires. Illness and some other urgent issues have meant that I’ve had to postpone publishing anything on this, but the first in a series of reflections is now live: http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/2013/09/creative-commons-and-copyright-reform/

This post may also be the most worthy of general discussion, as it concerns an issue which has seemingly been popping up at CC Summit’s for about as long as there have been CC Summits: that is, the extent to which CC as an organisation – and individual CC affiliates – should participate in copyright reform.

I’d love to hear any thoughts or responses.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt McGregor Creative Commons
DDI: +64 4 470 5779 | Twitter @cc_aotearoa
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand is a project of the Royal Society of New Zealand
11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon | PO Box 598, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
www.creativecommons.org.nz

Royal Society of New Zealand | Te Apārangi
A place for knowledge and excellence

Please consider the environment before printing this email. The information contained in this email message is intended only for the addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.

  • [Cc-nz] Creative Commons and Copyright Reform, Matt McGregor, 09/17/2013