cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] HumbleBundle accepting BitCoin payments

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Hamish MacEwan <hamish.macewan AT gmail.com>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] HumbleBundle accepting BitCoin payments
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 10:09:28 +1200

On 15 May 2013 22:52, Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz> wrote:

> However, the latest HumbleBundle now allows payments in
> BitCoins, due to large numbers of users requesting the ability to pay
> in this form:
> http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/50032402607/humble-double-fine-bundle-now-with-bitcoin

A great coincidence for my experiments with Bitcoin. Not great games,
but at least a chance to make a strategic purchase.

> I wonder what it would take to set up a situation where a bundle of
> albums by kiwi musicians, released under CC license, could be made
> available under a similar system, with payments made in either kiwi
> dollars of BitCoins?

Very little is required. https://zipbit.co/ is a New Zealand
registered financial service provider that provides a Bitcoin
transaction service; "easy bitcoin payment options for consumers and
converts those payments into cash for merchants."

> Strypey

Hamish.