cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Case study on use of NC licences

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Case study on use of NC licences
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 17:11:16 +1200

Kia ora koutou

On 9 May 2013 09:29, Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz> wrote:

Yesterday I published a case study on Meena Kadri, a Wellington based photographer who uses NC licences AND sells the commercial rights to her work—to publishers, newspapers and a modest little company called Apple.

This is a fanastic case study Matt, thanks for this. It's a great example of what I was saying on the blog in relation to NZ on Air, about CC and making money not being mutually incompatible (the assumption they are is often used to argue against wider use of CC by professional artists). I would like to point out there are also cases of people making money without using the NC clause, and it would be good to see some case studies along these lines.

For those counting at home, this brings us to 31 CCANZ case studies. `

Great work Jane and Matt (and anyone else who has worked this)!

He mihi nui
Strypey

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"Geeks are those who partake in our culture."
- .ISOcrates

"Uncomfortable alliances are not just necessary; they reflect and speak to the tremendous possibility of our political moment."
- Harmony Goldberg and Joshua Kahn Russell
http://www.nationofchange.org/new-radical-alliances-new-era-1337004193

"Both Marxists and Chicago-school libertarian economists can agree that free software is the best model."
- Keith C Curtis
http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?page_id=407