cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Interns

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: 'Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion' <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Interns
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 01:07:47 +0000

Hi Danyl, all,

The summer internships went very well, I think. Both Holly and Harriet had a lot of initiative, which meant they got a lot done.  While they only had sixty hours each, we ended up with:

·         The Free to Mix guide (which took most of the design time);

·         The new CCANZ poster, with several variations;

·         Some good research into copyright and open licensing in the GLAM sector;

·         A draft brochure on CC policies in schools (not finished, though a good start);

·         A blog post on Open GLAMs;

·         A talk to students from Wellinton Girls College by Holly;

·         A case study on a Govt department using CC (not yet published).

More to the point, I also think that it was a good experience for Holly and Harriet!

I believe that these (paid) internships should be an ongoing part of CCANZ’s work, and hopefully we can have another round this winter.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt McGregor Creative Commons

DDI: +64 4 470 5779 | Twitter @cc_aotearoa
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand is a project of the Royal Society of New Zealand

Royal Society of New Zealand | Te Apārangi

11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon | PO Box 598, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
www.creativecommons.org.nz