cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Mix & Mash 2013: The New Storytelling

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: "cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Mix & Mash 2013: The New Storytelling
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:51:11 +1300

Hi all,

Sorry to bombard the list this week, but we've got some more news. You may
have already seen the email from DigitalNZ, but I thought I'd throw in some
more information. Next year, Creative Commons Aotearoa NZ, in partnership
with DigitalNZ and the National Library of New Zealand, will be running Mix &
Mash 2013: The New Storytelling, a showcase for openly licensed creative
works that adapt, remix and reuse New Zealand's rich cultural heritage.

We're delighted to have the support of Squiz and Orcon, who are providing
major prizes for the event. Other sponsors will be also be joining us in the
months ahead.

The event will have two basic categories: schools and the general public.
We're going to be focusing our attention on secondary schools in particular,
though we would love entries from across the compulsory education sector.

How does this differ from the Mixes & Mashes of previous years? Well, The New
Storytelling is less a competition than a showcase. Beginning in May, there
will be three different 'issues' over the course of 2013. We'll be giving
prizes to some of the best entries, but the driving motivation for the event
will be to share openly licensed creative works and celebrate the quite
extraordinary range of materials available for remix and reuse in New
Zealand's cultural institutions.

Also, it's worth pointing out that this will be even more CC focused than the
events of previous years: While we sponsored a category in 2011, this year
we're going to be front and centre.

You can sign up for news at the Mix & Mash website:
http://www.mixandmash.org.nz. Otherwise, I'll make another announcement to
the list early next year. I'll also be writing about this on the CC website
later this week; and there should be promotions elsewhere also.

Cheers,
Matt McGregor
Creative Commons Aotearoa NZ

  • [Cc-nz] Mix & Mash 2013: The New Storytelling, Matt McGregor, 11/20/2012