cc-nz - [Cc-nz] 4.0 licences and Creative Commons NZ in 2012

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] 4.0 licences and Creative Commons NZ in 2012
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:53:17 +1300

Hi everyone

The CC global network and community have been invited to contribute to the process of developing the 4.0 licences. All the relevant information has been set out in this blog post: http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/30676

The most current version of the CC licence suite is 3.0, with the New Zealand ported versions of the international licences at 3.0 also.

The Creative Commons Aotearoa project and its legal team along with key NZGOAL people (nzgoal.info) will be staying involved in these conversations. They were initiated at the 2011 Global Summit where New Zealand was represented. Creative Commons warmly welcome everyone with proposals and commentary to contribute. The best forum for this is the international licence discussion list: http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/cc-licenses, but you can also get in touch with me directly.

Secondly, our NZ project's Roadmap looking forward into 2012 has been updated here: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/New_Zealand

You'll see that we have a strong focus on public sector information, the education sector, and institution-wide take up of the licences in New Zealand. I've had some great suggestions coming through directly about how we can support you in building the commons next year already, and we welcome much much more! There are plenty of ways help us get the best possible Roadmap. Feel free to give feedback here or off-list, you can also tweet the project at @cc_aotearoa or even leave your thoughts on the Roadmap wiki discussion section.

Many thanks.

Jane
(Public Lead, Creative Commons Aotearoa)