cc-nz - [Cc-nz] RetakeThe.Net BarCamp

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] RetakeThe.Net BarCamp
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 20:10:44 +1300

Kia ora koutou

Those who are in Te Whanganui-a-Tara at the end of Oct might be
interested in driving a discussion on CreativeCommons (as well as
other worth topics) at the RetakeThe.Net BarCamp:
http://retakethe.net/2011/09/22/so-whats-a-barcamp/

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it, as I will be heading down
to Otautahi before that. I look forward to catching up with some
Commoners down there if possible.

Ma te wa
Danyl

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"freedom is participation in power.”
- Cicero

"Allowing the university to be turned into the tool of business is
allowing it to be corrupted."
Richard Stallman
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/Stallman.xml

"The content industry has done a good job convincing the world that
the internet will enable what they call 'piracy' That has obscured the
fact that the internet will also enable an extraordinary potential for
creativity. And it has obscured the fact that the weapons they use to
eradicate 'piracy' will also destroy the environment for this
'creativity.' They spray DDT to kill a gnat. We say: 'Silent Spring.'"
_Lawrence Lessig
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/digitalmedia/lessig.htm

  • [Cc-nz] RetakeThe.Net BarCamp, Danyl Strype, 09/27/2011