cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Mix and Mash has launched, and CC Meetup next week.

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Mix and Mash has launched, and CC Meetup next week.
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 15:36:31 +1200

Hi Everyone

DigitalNZ launched this year's 'Mix and Mash: the great NZ remix and mashup competition' last night in Auckland with great fanfare. For information about the 10 categories (and more than ten prizes!) see: www.mixandmash.org.nz

It's really all about Creative Commons licensed content and data, and I'm especially excited about the New Zealand authors (including Emily Perkins, Pip Adam and Dylan Horrocks) who have made pieces available under CC for the literature remix category: www.mixandmash.org.nz/the-competition/categories/remix/literature-remix

There is a special page of CC licensed Canterbury earthquake data, community stories and footage which is well worth taking a look at too: www.mixandmash.org.nz/the-competition/canterbury-content-and-data/

Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand is sponsoring an award for the Supreme Remix entry, which will be selected by Kiwi judges with the help of Lawrence Lessig.

For those of you based in Wellington who want to enter or find out more, then we have the perfect opportunity for you to come meet with us....

Due to popular demand, we proud to invite you along to another Creative Commons Meetup, this time it's in Wellington, on 12 August, 12.00pm, at the Southern Cross.

It's the perfect opportunity for people starting on their Mix and Mash entries to float ideas about where some juicy CC licensed content and datasets can be found. We welcome anyone using Creative Commons licences or other people's CC licensed work in the course of your job or at home. Or anyone who wants to find out what 'Free Culture' is all about. Come along and meet us for a friendly lunch-time chat, and learn about what's happening in the Creative Commons space right now.

Big thanks to Dave Moskivitz (from MusicHype) and friends for setting up our Wellington get-together.

You can let us know you're coming by visiting the Meetup page - it's easy to sign up: www.meetup.com/Creative-Commons-Wellington/

Have a great weekend!

- Jane (CC New Zealand)

  • [Cc-nz] Mix and Mash has launched, and CC Meetup next week., Jane Hornibrook, 08/04/2011