cc-nz - [Cc-nz] OER University

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] OER University
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:46:09 +1300

Hi everyone

A collaborative initaitive "OER for Assessment and Credit for Students" is taking place over on WikiEducator, with the first planning meeting scheduled for February.

From the project portal:

"The OER for Assessment and Credit for Students Project will provide opportunities for these OER learners who are interested in earning formal academic credit for their learning. This project will contribute to the design and development of the OER university.

This OER initiative will align with the community service and outreach missions of the formal education sector. Through our community service mission we will open pathways for OER learners to earn formal academic credit and pay reduced fees for assessment and credit. In this way the OER movement can contribute to addressing the global demand for higher education where traditional delivery models are unable to respond to the need for post-secondary education."

Visit the WikiEducator project space for more information. http://wikieducator.org/OER_for_Assessment_and_Credit_for_Students

Best
- Jane

--
Jane Hornibrook
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand

  • [Cc-nz] OER University, Jane Hornibrook, 01/30/2011