cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Fwd: CC Brainstorming Meet-up in Otepoti (Dunedin)

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>, IRGO Email <irgo AT otago.ac.nz>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Fwd: CC Brainstorming Meet-up in Otepoti (Dunedin)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 03:08:19 -0400

Kia ora koutou

The CreativeCommons brainstorm session for Otepoti/ Dunedin will take
place this Tuesday (31), 12-2pm, at the Central Library, Committee
Room 2 (see attached map). I picked a lunchtime, to include people who
are unable to get out of the office during work hours, so feel free to
bring along your lunch ;)

The purpose of the session is to get some feedback from outside the
capital 'HQ' about what sorts of activities and projects the CC
Aotearoa/ NZ community want to see happening over the next few years,
how they intend to be involved in them, and what support they need
from others, and from the CC ANZ organisation. If you can only make it
for part of the time, that's fine, great to have your input, and this
is an open session, so feel free to pass this email on to others who
may be interested.

Many thanks to Allison Brown from the UoO Library, who booked the room
for us. She says:
"For those who have never been in one of the Central Library committee rooms:

The location of Committee Room 2 is on the 1st floor of Central
Library (and you will enter on the ground floor) as is shown on the
floor plan at http://library.otago.ac.nz/central/cenfloorg.html or in
the attached image (the rooms are circled in the image)."

I had a great chat today with Wayne Macintosh of WikiEducator/ OER and
Robin Day of Otago Poly, and I look forward to meeting you all!

Ma te waa

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much
liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

"But libertarians do not defend the right of people to smash holes
in the hull of a crowded ship, or to let off bombs in city centres.
Freedom does not include the freedom to trash the habitat we all
depend on for survival."
- Johann Hari, the Independent, 5.9.06

  • [Cc-nz] Fwd: CC Brainstorming Meet-up in Otepoti (Dunedin), Danyl Strype, 08/27/2010