cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] CC parochial

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Hamish MacEwan <hamish.macewan AT gmail.com>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] CC parochial
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:48:47 +1200

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 22:19, Leigh Blackall <leighblackall AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Its a bit related to how the whole Internet is geared. We have .com .org and
> .net and then we have .com.au, .com.nz and so on. Why isn't there a .com.us?

There is a ccTLD for the United States, it's just not very popular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.us

And from what I can tell the second level domain com.us has been registered.

In any case I'm comfortable with gTLDs for the USA, at least as
comfortable as I am with UK being the only country not required to
name itself on its stamps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postage_stamp_design#Country_name

A small acknowledgement of, or courtesy to, the creator if you will.

Hamish.
--
http://tr.im/HKM