cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] CC ANZ governance

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Leigh Blackall <leighblackall AT gmail.com>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] CC ANZ governance
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:15:46 +1000

Thanks Danyl,

One thing I would need to know (as just your average punter) is what the term ANZ means? Of course, on this list and to those in the know, it means Aoteoroa New Zealand, but it may be neccessary to express it in full in future and not as ANZ, so as not to confuse us ignorant Aussies. Up until my ah-ha moment just now, my eyes were widening at the implications of a Creative Commons Australia and New Zealand. I've deleted a number of paragraphs arguing against such a thing, since realising you were refering to Aoteoroa New Zealand... Aoteoroa New Zealand looks and reads nicer than ANZ anyway...

I think this minor issue will become important in communications outside the Aoteoroa context.

Regards
Leigh
University of Canberra (3 years in Dunedin, so should have known better!)