cc-nz - [Cc-nz] CC catchup

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] CC catchup
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:03:19 +1300

Hi all,

Last week I was joined by some Wellingtonian CC advocates for a drink at the Wine Loft to meet and greet a representative from the Royal Society of New Zealand. The RSNZ is caring for the Creative Commons Aotearoa project as it works through a transitional phase from the Te Whainga Aronui The Council for the Humanities.

Some feedback from the evening included:

- Community participation and feedback on CCANZ developments is critical throughout this process.
- The opportunity for CC to advocate for Open Access from within the RSNZ could have some timely influence on NZ's science sector.
- The mission and scope of CC as an organisation can be revisited and debated as a new structure forms.
- Sector buy-in is needed for long term sustainability.

It was great to catch up with some of you, please keep adding to this this discussion as you see fit (also see our website forums). I'll be putting out some regular updates on progress from here-on.

The CCANZ office will be shifting down to the RSNZ premises in Thorndon some time in April, I'll keep you updated with how the move goes!

- Jane

--
Jane Hornibrook
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand

  • [Cc-nz] CC catchup, Jane Hornibrook, 03/30/2010