cc-nz - [Cc-nz] case studies round 2

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: elliott bledsoe <elliott AT creativecommons.org.au>
  • To: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org, cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] case studies round 2
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:43:15 +1000

hello everyone out there in the cc community

here at ccAustralia we're still focused on the importance of case studies as an educational tool when demonstrating cc. we're looking to get more focused and specific with a new series of case studies specifically on business, distribution and collaboration models that incorporate cc in the creative industries. just a quick look at the case studies wiki makes it obvious that, while there are many great examples of what people are doing across common fields such as film, music and literature, we're short on examples in performing arts.

so ccAustralia we're reaching out to the cc community internationally for examples of use of cc in the areas of dance, drama, stage arts, comedy, circus arts, opera and live music (although music less so) from around the world. are there any performers that you know of using cc in your country? we'd like to hear about them!

all of the case studies written up as part of this project will be added to the case studies wiki (you can of course put them up yourself!!) and will be used in a series of information resources here in australia (which naturally will be cc licensed as well ^_^). also, although we're not making any promises, there is a chance that the more developed and interesting of these case studies will be compiled and published in a printed volume.

_elliott

elliott bledsoe
project officer, ccAustralia

ccAustralia (for email) logo.png

cci (for email) logo.png            qut law (for email) logo.png

A project of the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation's Legal and Regulatory Impasses and Innovations research program in conjunction with the QUT Faculty of Law's Intellectual Property: Knowledge, Culture and Economy research program.

  • [Cc-nz] case studies round 2, elliott bledsoe, 10/08/2009