cc-nz - [Cc-nz] CCANZ update

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] CCANZ update
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:02:16 -0700

Hi all,

I’d like to draw your attention to a recent news story published by Computerworld magazine and explored on the CCANZ website. New Zealand’s Ministry for the Environment has released CC data sets which have taken up and republished by the Koordinates web resource. We think this is a good example of what possibilities could lie ahead for open licensing applied to public sector information.

www.creativecommons.org.nz

You may also be interested in the Open Data Catalogue, a recent initiative independently set up Glen Barns and other interested members of New Zealand’s web community.

http://opengovt.org.nz/cat/2009/07/01/land-cover-database/

A representative from the Council for the Humanities will also be speaking at LIANZA 09 on research opportunities and Creative Commons for business, institutions and government in a paper by Stephanie Pietkiewicz and myself called ‘Releasing Content in the Digital Age: gatekeeping or gateholding?’

Discussions are being fully revived this winter about working towards an Indigenous Creative Commons licence in New Zealand, and we will keep the list updated on key advancements in this area.

Feel free to make contact me about any developments at CCANZ you would like to have further involvement with or any questions you have, we would love to hear from you.

Regards

Jane Hornibrook

--
Jane Hornibrook
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand

  • [Cc-nz] CCANZ update, Jane Hornibrook, 07/02/2009