cc-nz - [Cc-nz] building a world class digital democracy

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul.reynolds AT mcgovern.co.nz>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <nz-libs AT lists.vuw.ac.nz>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] building a world class digital democracy
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:24:22 +1300

Title: building a world class digital democracy

Good day Monday.

This morning, YouTube and TVNZ have announced what they call a world-first political debate, where New Zealanders will be able to put questions directly to Prime Minister Helen Clark and Leader of the Opposition John Key via the ONE News YouTube Election Debate.

The debate will air live on TVNZ One News and YouTube on October 14th. The TVNZ journalist Mark Sainsbury will moderate, with three of New Zealand's leading political journalists asking additional questions.

As part of this they are looking for questions to offer the two leaders

I just blogged this story at

www.peoplepoints.co.nz

The Pitch  here ?

As I say on the blog Im really interested in hearing not just what peoples questions are , but what their answers are i.e. if we are going to use the You Tube channel can we not use it to get a whole bunch of 10 min  inspirational videos on what  people would like to see politicians engage in.

I have in mind making one of my own based on the question  I pose on the blog - "In addition to your intention to roll out ubiquitous broadband, what plans do you have to make New Zealand a world class digital democracy?" .

In it I talk about my commitment to open data feeds etc.

However, I would love to see   two of my favourite communities of interest come up with some of their own ideas .. Any takers ?

Check out  www.peoplepoints.co.nz for the full context ?

p.

paul reynolds

mcgovern online