cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Test wiki set up on OpenPlans

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT riseup.net>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Test wiki set up on OpenPlans
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:06:21 +1200

Kia ora koutou

I had a highly productive meeting with Brian and Jane on Friday at the Council for the Humanities office. We talked about retaining this email list as a sort of think tank for the ongoing administration of CC in Aotearoa/ NZ. Think of it as an online extension of the HRN board meetings, where organizing discussions about CC ANZ regularly take place. It's a channel for those of you out of reach of these Poneke meetings to contribute your ideas for the ongoing development of CC ANZ, and receive reports from the CC-related discussion at the meetings.

The discussion forums that will be part of the new site, will be the place for other discussions and Q & A about the practical implementation of the licenses, related free culture info like the Stallman visit etc The idea is that by dividing the discussion into different streams or channels, people can pick the things they are most interested in and avoid information overload.

Another topic we covered was the potential benefits of a CC-ANZ wiki. A wiki is a website which can be collaboratively edited by a group of users. Wikipedia is the most famous example of a wiki in action.

I agreed to set up a test wiki on a site called OpenPlans.org. to see how many of us are keen wiki-users. Here we can aggregate helpful information shared through both the cc-nz email list, and the new forums on www.creativecommons.org.nz. The admins can then use this wiki as a source of new content for cc.org.nz during upgrades of the FAQ etc. If the idea is successful, a wiki may be added during a future upgrade of the cc.org.nz website, and the content from the wiki migrated to it. Check it out!
http://www.openplans.org/projects/cc-anz/project-home

RnB
Strypes

FYI OpenPlans is a free toolset for social change. With OpenPlans, you can build collaborative pages for organizing projects. You can also blog, set up mailing lists, store and share files, and keep track of tasks.

--
"A free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular."
- Adlai E. Stevenson Jr

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and
those who matter don't mind."
- Dr Suess

http://strypey.orconhosting.net.nz/contacts.html

  • [Cc-nz] Test wiki set up on OpenPlans, Danyl Strype, 07/19/2008