cc-nz - [Cc-nz] my question for the record

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Leigh Blackall" <leighblackall AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] my question for the record
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 11:39:13 +1300

am at the seminar. just asked andrew matangi will the attribution requirement in the nz licenses be like the US:
Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

or more like the UK
Attribution. You must give the original author credit.

either way, it would be nice to have 2 fields available when publishing for a license through the website.
1. Who to attribute - ie: Leigh Blackall for Otago Polytechnic.. or just Leigh Blackall
2. Link to the author if there is one.

This I think solves the problem of attributing wiki type projects. Eg.
1. Various authors in the Otago Polytechnic's wiki
2. www.otagowiki.ac.nz

just noting it here for the record.

Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
http://learnonline.wordpress.com

  • [Cc-nz] my question for the record, Leigh Blackall, 10/26/2007