cc-nz - [Cc-nz] music industry attacks free culture (again)

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT riseup.net>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] music industry attacks free culture (again)
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:21:40 +1200

Kia ora koutou

An anti-copying group has come up with a list of 10 'incovenient truths about file-sharing'. You can check them out here along with some commentary from arstechnica:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070601-ifpi-ten-inconvenient-truths-about-file-swapping.html

Meanwhile the recording industry who fun these anti-copying hounds have been forced to drop their law suit against a solo mother in the US who had never even heard of file-sharing until they sued her:
http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2007/06/riaa-drops-its-case-against-tanya.html

BTW I am hatching a plot to set up an arts event in Poneke towards the end of the year to promote the (hopefully by then) newly released CreativeCommoNZ licenses. If anyone is keen to get involved, please email me.

RnB
Strypes

--
"This is dedicated to all of those anglo-saxon, old-boy networks, whose worst
nightmare... is an influential nigger!"

mobile: 021 11 77 578
Community Access News: http://www.indymedia.org.nz/
Free Culture: http://artlibre.org/licence/lal/en/
Artist Rights: http://www.creativecommons.org/

Thunderbird instead of Outlook Express. Windows on a PC
block viruses like windows on a house block sunlight ;)

  • [Cc-nz] music industry attacks free culture (again), Danyl Strype, 06/05/2007