cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] cc-metadata Digest, Vol 40, Issue 5

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] cc-metadata Digest, Vol 40, Issue 5
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 03:56:40 +0000

On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 15:51 +0200, Siegfried Gipp wrote:
> Hi,
> > > For verifying mp3/ogg license claims, will the RDF information always
> > > be in a comment tag?
> >
> > No but for now you can make that assumption.
>
> I'm currently discussing this topic at the w3 validator list, for i have
> several xml formats to add to an xhtml file. Not only creative commons, but
> also rdf, svg, dublin core. There seems to exist a DOCTYPE for that all so
> that tha validator does not complain about the namespaces. I do currently
> notknow of any official documentation about this,though.

I just skimmed this thread and see no indication that there's a DOCTYPE
such that the validator (presumably meaning validator.w3.org) does not
complain, rather there are alternative validators that do not complain
about well-formed XML outside the XHTML namespace, no?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2006Jul/0104.html

A similar idea is expressed more colorfully at
http://cafe.elharo.com/xml/must-ignore-vs-microformats/

Despite this I see no indication that arbitrary-XML-in-[X]HTML is
gaining any traction.

--
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer