cc-metadata - Updates To CC Web Services

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org, cctools-developer AT lists.sourceforge.net
  • Subject: Updates To CC Web Services
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:31:41 -0500

I've recently checked in and deployed some updates to the Creative Commons REST web services which may be of interest to consumers. The changes were deployed in the "dev" version of the web service. The primary change was the addition of a "details" call which takes a license uri (i.e, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/) and returns an XML block describing the details of this license (including the associated RDF and HTML+RDF blocks). The documentation has been updated at http://api.creativecommons.org/readme_dev.html.

These changes were made as part of a larger repository normalization. The web service server code now lives in the api module in CVS. Sample web service client code (currently Java and Python, PHP to be committed soon) lives in the api_client module.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding these changes, or suggestions for improving the web services.

Nathan R. Yergler
Software Engineer
Creative Commons

  • Updates To CC Web Services, Nathan R. Yergler, 07/21/2005